Global Transdermal Patches Market, Dosage, Price and Clinic
Dublin, 23 Feb. 2022 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) — The “Global Transdermal Patch Market, Dosage, Price & Clinical Trials Insight 2028” report has been added to from ResearchAndMarkets.com offer.
Technological advancements in drug delivery have led to the innovation of transdermal patches. Transdermal skin patches are articulated to deliver active drug ingredients through the skin into the systemic bloodstream in a continuous or metered diffusion mode. In addition to being patient-friendly and non-invasive, transdermal patches provide other benefits such as bypassing first-pass digestion and avoiding gastric/enzymatic breakdown. Transdermal patches are currently marketed as hassle-free, convenient and durable products. These patches can be worn for up to seven days, depending on their therapeutic indication.
The global transdermal patch pipeline is crowded, which bodes well for a positive future for these patches in the years to come. For example, a recent clinical trial from Starton Therapeutics showed promising results of the STAR-LLD Continuous Delivery Transdermal Patch containing lenalidomide in a non-GLP pharmacokinetic (PK) and skin irritation study in rabbits. Additionally, the US FDA has also assigned a Prescription Drug User Fee Act target date of March 11, 2022 for the new drug application for Aldarity (donepezil transdermal system) for the treatment of patients with dementia due to Mild, moderate and severe Alzheimer’s. Aldarity is a weekly transdermal formulation of donepezil designed to be worn for 7 days with consistent adherence. These upward trends will propel the growth of the market over the forecast period.
Currently, the vaccines segment does not have any transdermal patches, which shows that this area holds many untapped opportunities for pharmaceutical companies. Several ongoing clinical trials are evaluating a new vaccine patch against influenza, HIV, COVID-19 and others.
Recently, in 2022, Institut Pasteur Korea (IPK) announced a research service agreement signed with Juvic Inc. for the joint development of microneedle-based influenza vaccines. Merging Juvic’s microneedle production technology and IPK’s vaccine research and development capabilities, this collaboration is expected to facilitate the development of a microneedle influenza vaccine patch. Notably, the micro-needle vaccine not only significantly reduces pain during vaccination, but can also be dispensed at room temperature.
- Global and Regional Transdermal Route Market Outlook
- Global Transdermal Patch Market Opportunity >USD 20 Billion
- Overview of clinical trials by company, indication, drug molecule and phase
- Full overview on 60 commercially available transdermal patches
- Complete overview of 80 transdermal patches in clinical trials by phase
- Transdermal patch Dosage and price Availability by indication
- Competitive landscape
The global transdermal patch market is expected to witness high growth rates, driven by the presence of key players and established healthcare infrastructure. Other beneficial government initiatives and an increase in the number of research partnerships are also expected to augment the market growth over the forecast period. Additionally, the high adoption rate of advanced technologies is also expected to drive the market growth in the region. According to the findings of the report, the global market for transdermal patches is expected to surpass US$20 billion by 2028.
The United States is currently dominating the global patches market owing to the presence of key innovative companies in transdermal drug delivery and established healthcare infrastructure, beneficial government initiatives as well as a increase in the number of research partnerships, increasing adoption of various strategies such as product innovation and increase in product launches. and approval in this region. Apart from this, Europe has also emerged as a potential market over the past few years due to the growing availability of the products, increasing population of smokers and rising awareness about the availability of patches in the market. .
The Global Transdermal Patches Market report provides a detailed analysis of the product currently in the market along with its price, dosage, and generic availability. Information on ongoing clinical trials by company, drug class, indication and phase is also reported.
Main topics covered:
1. Introduction to transdermal patch
2. Classification of transdermal patches
3. Mechanism of Drug Delivery by Transdermal Patch
4. Global Transdermal Patches Market Outlook
5. Global Transdermal Patches Market Trends by Region
6. Transdermal Patches for Cardiovascular Disease- Market Availability, Dosage and Price Analysis
7. Transdermal Patches Containing Opioid Drugs- Market Availability, Dosage and Price Analysis
8. Transdermal Patch in Hormone Therapy- Market Availability, Dosage and Price Analysis
9. Transdermal Patches for Neurological Disorders- Market Availability, Dosage and Price Analysis
10. Transdermal Patches for Other Conditions- Market Availability, Dosage and Price Analysis
11. Global Clinical Pipeline Overview of Transdermal Patches
12. Global Patches Clinical Pipeline by Company, Indication and Phase
13. Clinical overview of marketed transdermal patches
14. Global Transdermal Patches Market Dynamics
15. Global Transdermal Patches Market Future Prospects 2028
16. Competitive landscape
- 3M Pharmaceuticals
- Agile Therapeutics
- ANI Pharmaceuticals
- Antares Pharma
- Bayer HealthCare Pharmaceuticals
- Corium International
- Chase Pharmaceuticals
- DURECT Corporation
- Endo Pharmaceuticals
- Hisamitsu Pharmaceutical
- Immune Pharmaceuticals
- Imprimis Pharmaceuticals
- Ipsen Biosciences
- Johnson & Johnson
- LaSalle Laboratories
- MINRAD International
- Noven Pharmaceuticals
- Nuvo Search
- Pain therapy
- Purdue Pharma
- Scilex Pharmaceuticals
- Senju Pharmaceutical
- Somerset Pharmaceuticals
- Teikoku Seiyaku
- Therapeutic Discovery Society
- Transdermal Delivery Solutions
- XEL Pharmaceuticals
- Zosano Pharma
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/3fqg0u
ResearchAndMarkets.com is the world’s leading source for international market research reports and market data. We provide you with the latest data on international and regional markets, key industries, top companies, new products and the latest trends.